The University of Saint Katherine welcomes transfer students. In fact, about half of our students transferred from another four-year college or a community college. We are proud to offer the kind of college experience they always wanted. And we have a streamlined process for transferring college credits and offering financial aid.
- For Fall admission, apply by May 15th.
- For Spring admission, apply by November 15th.
- All required documents must be received by August 15th for the Fall and December 31st for the Spring.
Fill out the application form at APPLY — University of Saint Katherine (usk.edu)
Submit your official transcripts from any colleges you have attended to the University of Saint Katherine, Admissions Office, 277 Rancheros Drive, Suite 200, San Marcos, CA 92069. Submit your official high school transcript as well if you are seeking to transfer with fewer than 24 college units.
Documents submitted for admission are entered into the applicant’s permanent file and cannot be returned.
The University of Saint Katherine guarantees transfer admission for certain students and typically admits certain others.
Guaranteed admission is offered to students who have all of the following:
- Associate’s Degree (ADT, AST, AA, or AS) from a community college
- Community college cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above
- Submitted the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Other students with a good chance of being offered transfer admission have all of the following:
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above
- Interest in one of the University’s many concentrations (majors)
- Preference for a smaller university prioritizing community among students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds
- Comfortable with a broadly Christian outlook on human potential and our responsibilities to one another
We work with each prospective student on a financial affordability plan. Depending on your circumstances, you may be eligible for federal or state grants that don’t have to be paid back. The University of Saint Katherine offers scholarships to qualified students from its own reserves as well. Some students choose to save money by living at home; others take part-time jobs. Whatever is on your mind, we’re happy to talk it over with you.
POLICY for all transfer students – applies to military veterans as well
- University of Saint Katherine (USK) will accept credit for equivalent courses from both unaccredited and accredited colleges including courses by distance education.
- University of Saint Katherine measures all courses in semester credits of credit. Quarter credits are converted to semester credits by reducing the quarter credits by one-third. Such a reduction does not mean a loss of credit.
- Credit is given for baccalaureate courses excluding preparatory level, technical, vocational, professional, physical education, internship, practicum, and work experience/co-op credits.
- A maximum of 70-semester credits from Community Colleges and Universities will be applied toward the bachelor’s degree. Students must complete at least 50 credits from the University of Saint Katherine. A student must meet all the credit and grade requirements as stated in the Academic Course Catalog.
- Transfer students may fulfill their general education requirements by completing the University of Saint Katherine’s General Education Curriculum or, prior to enrolling at USK, completing the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC).The IGETC model for the California State University (CSU) system or University of California (UC) is accepted by Saint Katherine College with the following provisions:
- The current foreign language requirement for all bachelor degrees will be retained.
- There is a minimum of 120 credits for graduation.
- In addition to the IGETC, all prerequisites and support courses for existing majors must be met.
- Transfer students following the IGETC must complete it before they enroll at the University of Saint Katherine. Students who do not complete the IGETC before they enroll will follow the remaining USK General Education curriculum.
- All transfer students are required to take a minimum of 9 out of 18 integrated core credits at USK.
- Grades do not transfer – only credits of credit. A student’s grade-point average is computed for graduation purposes only on work completed at the University of Saint Katherine.
- The University of Saint Katherine will not accept transfer credit for the following courses: courses that duplicate credit already granted, courses with grades of “C-” or below, non-college level remedial courses.
- Independent Study and special topics courses are not automatically accepted in transfer. Approval of transfer credit is granted on a case-by-case basis. The courses must be applicable towards specific degree requirements and be recommended for transfer by the academic department in which the course content falls. The request for approval will be decided by the Faculty Senate in conjunction with the Registrar.
- College-level credit earned during the 10th, 11th and 12th grades will be accepted in transfer for Advanced Placement if the student earns a test score of three or higher and for the International Baccalaureate exams with a score of four or higher.
- A maximum of nine-semester credits will be given for College Level Examination Program (CLEP) exams.
- For Athletic eligibility, students must have completed 24 credits in the previous academic year and must have maintained a 2.5 GPA.
- The combined total of transferred credits plus completed the University of Saint Katherine credits determines student level:
Freshman: 0-29 credits
Sophomore: 30-59 credits
Junior: 60-89 credits
Senior: 90 credits and above