USKlogo University of Saint Katherine

Frequently Asked Questions

F-1 students must purchase health insurance and show proof of the insurance.

I-20s for newly admitted USK students are issued by the Admissions Office. Please contact the admissions office to inquire about the I-20 request process. Undergraduate students:

If you have requested an I-20 through the admissions office, please inquire with them about how you chose to receive your I-20. Undergraduate students:

You should reschedule your interview with the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. You must have your I-20 with you for your visa interview.

Immigration regulations prohibit students from entering the U.S. earlier than 30 days prior to the start date on the I-20. You should change your ticket to a later date.

Exception: if you are transferring your SEVIS record from another school in the U.S., such as a high school or
community college, and received a “transfer pending” I-20, you can enter the U.S. anytime prior to the I-20 start date.

The government calls university staff members who can update SEVIS “DSOs,” which stands for “Designated School Officials.”

The Dean of Admissions is the DSO.

DSO is a term we want you to remember. It is used frequently in government instructions for students.

Your advisor will register you for your classes.

Please log in to your POPULI account or contact our Bursar, Shannon King

Contact the Office of the Registrar to obtain an official enrollment verification letter.

Yes. Undergraduate students are required to register for at least 12 credits each academic semester. An ESL class will count towards that minimum.

Yes, as long as your total credits enrolled during Early Fall Start and Fall Semester total to the minimum full-time credit requirements.

If you are currently studying in F-1 status at a school in the U.S., no matter what degree level, you need to have your SEVIS record “transferred” to USK. This is because only one school at a time is allowed access to your SEVIS record. In order for USK to issue your I-20, your current school must transfer your SEVIS record to USK. Your current international student adviser must do this.

It is possible to be employed on campus for fewer than 20 hours per week. Off-campus employment is only allowed with prior authorization from either ISS or Immigration. Review the F-1 employment options for more information about employment eligibility.

You should review the ISS “Immigration Information for F-1 Students”.